Saturday 16 January 2016

It's Snowing!

The incessant rain has finally given way to a cold snap here and about 17:00 it started to snow. Lightly at first but then with greater insistence.
I was concerned that a night out with a good friend would not happen but then remembered his desire to play with his 4wd monster truck. So we had a nice couple of hours in the pub and  couple of drinks to pass the time befote heading home in the snow.
Time to take my dog out for a last walk.  He enjoys the snow with a wholw load of fresh scents to keep him amused.
I found mysekf thinking that I actually love snowy nights and the thing I like most is the profound silence I can hear.
Bit of a contradiction that but its true I love to hear the silence.  No cars,  no sirens, no people just the gentle sound of the falling snow. However in that silence I can hear the sound of eternity and it brings me an inner peace that I rarely find outside of nights like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment