Saturday 4 February 2012

The calming silence

Tonight was a good night - why? Because outide the world is covered with a blanket of snow and taking my four legged friend for a walk was a real pleasure since all we could here was out respective breaths and the crunch of feet and paws on the snow.

The other thing that stuck me was how bright the snow filled nights are, the darkness seems to pale back and many things become more clearly seen.

A good night too to sit and read, I am currently reading "Anam Cara" by John O'Donohue and feel lifted by the words I read into a timeless place.

I also have his poetry collection, "Conemara Blues" to hand on my Kindle and together with a couple of drams of Jura Superstition I can feel what he calls the Other, calling to me.

Calming and soothing words and a stillness of the soul to hear and feel the nearness of the Eternal.

Peace

May the peace of the Lord be with you all this night as I feel it is with me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment