Wednesday 8 February 2012

Got That Wednesday Feeling!

Ah Wednesday! The top of the working week hill - it's all down hill from here on in to the weekend and the respite from the demands of the job.

It's all those and until just before Christmas it was just that for me too. About a week, maybe two before Christmas I noticed that a local church was having a Eucharist service on a Wednesday lunchtime. And, because I was wrestling with a resurgent belief I eventually screwed up the courage to go in rather than vacillate outside trying to decide if I really was just pandering to some sort of self delusion. SO in I went and took part in a communion service for the first time in 30 years and found I managed to draw strength from that to actually face the rest of the week.

Actually I don't just face the rest of the week - I actually enjoy the rest of the week and I feel like I have been re-invigorated just because I spend 30 - 40 minutes quiet listening to the spirit within me being nurtured.

It is quite pleasing to see that the number of people who attend on a lunchtime is actually growing as well - you never know we might have to move out from the side chapel into the main body of the church if we are really lucky!

Maybe you could use some of that Wednesday feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment