Wednesday 1 January 2014

Day one

Well day one of 2014 has not been too bad really although the dreary weather leaves a lot to be desired.

Finally decided to register my Itunes voucher that I got for Christmas. After a bit of thought had gone into it the first album I have bought is Jane Ira Bloom's new one "Sixteen Sunsets". Normally in the jazz world I prefer the sounds of Cannonball and Coltrane pretty much above anyone else, but JIB takes the soprano sax to places it does not normally go, so any new album has to be worth a listen it is downloading as we speak and should be good to go shortly.

I am not a great one for new year's resolutions so all I can say that I have resolved to do is try! Try to do all the things I normally do better and to try to be true to myself and try to be a bit better person all around. That is if the depressive moods that I am a bit prone to permit. Just have to try and maybe with a little bit of faith I will succeed.

Happy New Year


No comments:

Post a Comment