Monday 23 January 2012

Abdication of Responsibilities

Monday is all but over and I seem to have achieved nothing today - just more questions - mainly about work but more so about the morals of the people around me. Not so much the oridinary litle peccadilos of my colleagues which trouble me not at all, but more related to the people in authority where I work who seem more concerned about their position, their power and the next move they will make on the greasy corporate pole. For some reason this seems to paralyse them and make them unable to make a decision which would benefit the organisation as a whole. Moreover they don;t want to be to blame if anything goes wrong - they are in effect refusing the responsibility they sought when they took the job. Sounds ro me like taking money under false pretences which I believe is a crime. This attitude is not only craven but fundamnetally dishonest on so many levels it is distressing to see it becoming so pervasive. Yet another indicator of the "Me" culture. Trying to be Christian and charitable towards people who abdicate their responsibilities is hard - I suppose the only thing I can do is hope and prey that they see the error of their ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment