Sunday 22 January 2012

New Faith

Well this has been about 12 months in the making I suppose after more than 30 years in the wilderness.
About 12 months ago I was probably at my lowest point in a long number of low points when I came accross a reference to someone I had known more than 30 years ago as a young man.
Strangely enough this was a reference to his retirement from his daily like as a parish priest here in Yorkshire.
This sort of forced me to think about times gone by and things I had not thought about for a very long time or had dismissed as irrelevant to my life.
As I started to re-read and reconsider the things, in particular my faith, that I had previously dismissed as illogical I actually found I began to feel better in myself and about myself and my life.
So far this journey has led me to some wonderful new discoveries such as the poems of John O'Donohue in "Conamara Blues" and the writings in "Water from an Ancient Well" by Ken McIntosh. Most of all the book that made an impact on me was "Do Nothing and Save Your Life" by Stephen Cotrell and quite possibly has saved my life in more ways than I can possibly imagine

No comments:

Post a Comment