Saturday 28 January 2012

Solvitur Ambulans or Solvitur Ambulando

Not sure if this is spelt correctly or is grammatically correct, my Latin is severely rusty (sorry Mr Bush), but in theory it means or has come to mean "that which may be solved by walking".

I first came accross this in the book "Water From Ancient Wells" by Ken McIntosh - a great read and which has and is led / leading me to discover other aspects of the Celtic experience of Christianity.

I have always felt more "spiritual" when I am out in the woods and the wilds - I enjoy walking and climbing in what some people would call wild and lonely places. Wild they maybe but I have never felt lonely there - however I digress.

Walking gives me the time to think and to discuss with myself the thoughts and problems that are troubling me. Unfortunately I do not always have time to go for long walks to resolve my thoughts but you may notice that a lot of these posts are made latish at night. That's because I usually take my four legged friend for a last wander around the neighbourhood and even in this short walking time I usually have time to get at least some of my thoughts straightened out.

So my thought for today is try a walk, even a short one it might just help you solve that problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment