Tuesday 24 January 2012

We all make mistakes

Tuesday - often referred to as the worst day of the week by me is over but not without incident I would say! However the incident that happened would have been enough to get me really stressed out 12 months ago. But all things being equal I managed not to panic aor get totally stressed out about this, afterwards I began to wonder why.

Was it because it was not important? - No it definitely was and caused a few minutes disruption. Was it because I did not care? - No I care about my work and my professionlism in my work.

No in the end I decided that it was because I realised the error, acted quickly to solve it and most of all was professional enough to admit it was my fault. I am not being humble here I am just able to admit to myself that I am human, I do make mistakes and I have the strength to admit my mistakes and rectify them.

Most of all it seems to me that this inner strength comes to me from the faith I have been discovering over the last few months, which because it is faith in someone who was also human and knew what it is to be human and can see that we make human mistakes and yet can still forgive us when we do make a mistake then I personally feel more a peace with myself because I know that I am no longer alone

So if you make a mistake, be brave, admit it, learn from it so that you don't make the same mistake twice.

My biggest mistake was perhaps not realising this thirty years ago when I lost my way with my faith and beliefs, I am doing what I can to correct that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment